The Tampere road which runs through Hevossilta is the road that factory owner Wahren constructed from Forssa cotton mill to Matku station where the cotton bales were transported by horse to Forssa.
The first telephone line in Finland led next to the road to the factory office in December 1878. The station was called when the bales arrived. At that time the transportation was expensive and the job seekers travelled generally on foot from Matku to Forssa. The monotonic trip lasted for three hours. There was no settlement around but it was enough to look at strange telephone wires with poles attached with number plates showing the distance.